Sunday, January 30, 2011

Alpaca Scarf

My husbands grandmother gave us some money for Christmas.  With it we went to a yarn store and bought some baby alpaca (the color is "chocolate caramel twist").  I made this cable scarf for my husband.



I couldn't find a great pattern, so I took a few and combined them into this one.

Pattern:
Cast On 38 stitches
Row 1: K2, P2, K2, P2, K6, P2, K2, P2, K2, P2, K6, P2, K2, P2, K2
Row 2: P2, K2, P2, K2, P6, K2, P2, K2, P2, K2, P6, K2, P2, K2, P2
Row 3: Repeat row 1
Row 4: Repeat row 2
Row 5: K2, P2, K2, P2, Slip 3 stitches onto cable needle and hold in front.  Knit next three stitches.  Knit 3 stitches off cable needle.  P2, K2, P2, K2, P2, Slip 3 stitches onto cable needle and hold in back.  Knit next three stitches.  Knit 3 stitches off cable needle, P2, K2, P2, K2.
Row 6: Repeat row 2.

Repeat rows 1-6 until the scarf is as long as you wish (or, in my case, until you run out of yarn).  Cast off all stitches.  Weave in ends.  Block tightly. 



With alpaca, I stretched and pinned the scarf onto the blocking mats dry, and then sprayed the yarn with a squirt bottle until very wet.  I let it dry about a week to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment